wondering, wandering.

aardvarkbooks2

Evening. My knee was feeling stiff and achy again so I decided to take a long walk. Somehow, every time I wander around, I often end up in a bookstore. This time, its Aardvark Books at the corner of Church and Market Streets, right by the J-line stop. The bookstore is small but they have a great selection of poetry books and I love how its sort of haphazardly organized, like you are just walking into someone's library. They're also open until 10:00 PM so its good for evening book-browsing.

aardvarkbooks

cat2

And how can you not love a small neighborhood bookstore with a cat? I later found out that the cat's name is Owen. They said that he likes to walk up and down the aisle and browse around. Isn't he beautiful? I must admit, I'm not really a cat person, but Owen is so mellow and lovely and I instantly fell in love with him.

Oh, remember how I just talked about wanting to read Marguerite Duras' The Lover? I found it here for 4 bucks! Did any of you read this book or watch the movie? If so, what did you think of it?

5 comments:

  1. Late night bookshopping is so rare! You're lucky to have such a sweet shop within walking distance!

    I watched the film of The Lover last year - it's quite shocking, but very beautiful. Fieldguided just did a post on the very same actually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a haphazardly organized bookstore, particularly one that is home to a kitty! (We have a much-frequented record store with the same haphazard, kitty-dweeling style:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. siubhan, yes..i'm quiet lucky that there are a lot of used bookstores within walking distance from me. also, the reason why i want to see the movie was because of Fieldguided's post. :D

    heather, kitty-dwelling stores are quaint, aren't they? it adds so much character.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg cat in a bookstore!!!
    i love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aron, he's totally adorable, isn't he? :D

    ReplyDelete