accidental diptychs

accidental diptych

accidental diptych

I'm kind of in love with these "mistake" prints that came out of my disposable camera. And how its a juxtaposition of light and dark, flowers and woods. I took these photos at the Golden Gate Park during my spring break. Its hard to tell but on the other half of photo #1, there was this lovely lady doing tai chi under the cherry blossoms. She looked like she is part of the woods or a character straight out of a fairytale -- so beautiful!

P.S. Click on images for large.

8 comments:

  1. I love it when this happens too! I have not developed it yet, but by the looks of it I have a 3 shot slide from my Diana which has ended up like a panoramic cemetery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you get prints when you develop, or a CD of scans?

    ReplyDelete
  3. they're lovely - I love beautiful accidents :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these! I definitely think sometimes these "accidental" shots turn out so much better than others :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. rachel: ah..would love to see that panoramic cemetery too!

    holly: i get both. the prints and the CD (for extra $2) at walgreen's.

    sofia, hila, maya: thank you, ladies. i'm glad you liked them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ItadakimasUMay 10, 2011

    wow... these look amazing!!
    nice mistakes and all the better that you took this with a disposable x)
    (and fantastic about the shoes that's helping your knees to heal faster (read it on the other post ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Accidental is often the most beautiful. Most of my film cameras also do that and almost every time I am positively surprised of the outcome. Thank you for your post!

    ReplyDelete