berkeley

random 192

Today I went to visit my friends Monica and Sri in Berkeley. I've only seen them once since their wedding in Mexico so it was great to hang out with them again. And Berkeley is always one of my favorite places to visit. There's so much character, diversity, and history in this city, not to mention all that good food and fresh produce.

random 185
This restaurant has the best pancake ever.

random 195
Colorful stones and jewelry by a street vendor.

random 194

random 190
Mural in downtown Berkeley.

random 206

random 208

Monica took me to Monterey Market and boy was I excited to see all those fruits. And they were pretty inexpensive too! (I think I may have bought too many cherries).

How about you, what are you up to this weekend?

3 comments:

  1. Some of those stones would be absolutely incredible for jewellery making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love the murals! What a picturesque city! I would probably hoard those precious stones

    ReplyDelete
  3. rachel, i know right? and they were cheap too! if only i know how or have the time to make jewellery.

    princess ody, the murals are indeed meaningful. they were all depicting the political protests in Berkeley during the late 60's. glad you liked them!

    ReplyDelete