just a minute

love,summerof

Happy weekending! What are you guys up to? I've been sick for the past 3 days and have spent so much more time in bed than I wanted to. Yikes. Trust me to get sick on my first week of vacation. Anyhow, the upside of being sick at home is that I have time to catch up on my reading and visit inspiring blogs. I also found this fun Just a Minute meme (via daydream lily) that I wanted to share with you guys. And if you want to, feel free to play along here.

Reading...The Wind-up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami.

Listening...to Sondre Lerche's new album. Can this boy be any more wonderful? Ah, you guys should watch this documentary video to see what I'm talking about.

Making...chai tea, morning and just before bedtime.

Watching...old and new favorite movies. I'm 'babysitting' a friend's DVD collection while she is away for 2 years in Japan. We have similar taste in films and I'm so excited.

Loving...these essays: to date (or not to date) a girl who reads. First he wrote something and then she responded. I think I'm more partial to his version but either way, both are a toast to all women who reads. So, cheers!

(Photo from Fudge Magazine scans by clever nettle)

3 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better, Odessa!


    Making--Going to the Farmer's Market and just picking up tons of fresh hers to make sauces for hand made pasta.

    Watching--Just recently put 300 titles into my GreenCine queue, and going to try and watch as many Criterion Collection as I can. Also watching Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations" and I have the travel bug so bad now.

    Reading--Trying to get through "Game of Thrones" but while the story is fascinating, the writing is so simple, I find it hard to read. Oh well. I'll give it some more time, and then I'll move on.

    Listening--Listening to a lot of Danish indie bands because apparently Denmark is the new Sweden. Still love the Swedes, though, especially Friska Viljor. Also really love the Canadian band Timber TImbre.

    'Whatever'-ing--I just took my first Krav Maga class on Tuesday, and I'm still so sore. Everything hurts. But I can't wait to go back. I plan on taking Krav for a year and then I'll move on to Muay Thai or Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Someone commented that I didn't look like the type to be into this, and that makes me happy. The best offense to have is that element of surprise.

    I hope you enjoy your day! "Wind-Up Bird Chronicle" is one of my favorite books. I've been fortunate enough to meet Murakami when I was younger, like in 1997, when he came to this bookstore I worked at in Palo Alto. And then a few years ago, I got to see him give a talk in Berkeley.

    Have you ever read David Mitchell's "Cloud Atlas"? I think you might really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better too! I love this meme, because I get to see what everyone's been up to :) I've been meaning to read that book, is it good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. tien, thanks for playing along!

    hila, thanks! i've just started reading the book, its been slow so far.

    ReplyDelete