music monday: iceland, we built a fire

buildings by glacier

When I said I've been dreaming of places, I've only been really thinking of one -- Iceland. Ah, I so badly want to visit this magical island country. I think the want has intensified since two people that I know has been to Iceland in 2009.  I've bookmarked all of their photos so I can look at them when I'm feeling uninspired.

iceland1

iceland5

Holly met these beautiful Icelandic horses on a roadtrip. You can read her stories here.

iceland4

iceland3

Jo lived in Iceland for a couple of months and even saw the aurora borealis. You can see all her photos here. She also introduced me to Seabear, a six piece indie-folk band from Reykjavik. I really love their album We Built A Fire. Have a listen to this song below.


I've been listening to this album on repeat since Friday. I find their music comforting, especially with all the tragedy over the weekend.   

My heart goes out to you, Norway. 

8 comments:

  1. These photos are beautiful and makes me want to visit Iceland too! You should totally plan your next trip there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo of the horses with the sunlight is absolutely incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, I can see why you're dreaming about going to Iceland. These pictures are perfect. Really looks like it's such a magical place.


    Camila Faria

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've always wanted to go to Iceland as well. I nearly booked it for our honeymoon next year but we decided to go somewhere a bit warmer.
    I'm definitely aiming to go very soon though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. tammy, i wish i could. i need to go home and visit my family in the philippines first. but yes, someday i'll be there.

    rachel, its beautiful isn't it? i'm so glad you think so. i'll make sure to tell holly.

    camilla, yes. there's something so serene about it, i think.

    SJ, i hope you guys can go there too! i heard so many wonderful things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to go to iceland so bad - it's the most magical place in my mind. I have to cover the continental US right now but one of these days I'm going to find a flight I can afford and just go!

    Soon, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. elizabeth, i'm with you. soon...yes? *fingers crossed* :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. seabear- nice! thanks for the find. also have you seen the new bon iver video for holocene? it was shot in iceland. it instantly renewed my iceland envy. i really must go.

    p.s. if you like seabear, you might like snowmine. search for let me in :)

    ReplyDelete