around and around we go

R1-08595-008A

R1-08595-007A

I recently had 4 rolls of film developed and I'll be sharing them here in the next couple of weeks. When my nieces and nephews came to visit, I took them to Santa Cruz  and we had such a blast at the Boardwalk. I'm not really a big fan of amusement rides, I usually just close my eyes and scream my head off, but Santa Cruz is so beautiful and you get to see the ocean while you are so high up in the air, it made me feel like a child again!

R1-08595-010A

R1-08595-006A

Our summer totes make a pretty pair.

R1-08595-024A

The Skyglider was my favorite. Its very similar to a gondola lift and it runs from one end of the Boardwalk to the other. My hands were shaking but I did manage to get some aerial photos with my disposable camera. The water looked so blue from up above.

R1-08595-020A

R1-08595-022A

R1-08595-000A_0001

This was the kids' last day in California and I miss them already. I love that none of them own digital cameras or post a lot on Facebook and other social networking sites. Instead, they asked me if we could go to old music stores so they can buy used CDs. And that they are just as happy eating cheap dimsum in Chinatown or a $5 pizza sale in downtown Santa Cruz. Such a breath of fresh air.

9 comments:

  1. cute pics= i love santa cruz!

    mindofmr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Santa Cruz, especially the boardwalk. Loving your photos. The colors are so rich and they're saturated with funnesss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they seem really sweet, plus the first photo pretty much summarizes my most favorite moments as a kid. nothing better than flying through the air at what then seemed slightly terrifying speed, giggling away at your most terrified friend....

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that looks like so much fun! I've only been to that boardwalk once and it was rainy so I didn't get to explore much. These photos make me want to take a trip there now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, the Skyglider looks like an amazing ride. What a beautiful view! I miss amusement parks...


    Camila Faria

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh how fun your shots!!!
    very summer feel! but that lift ride that sends you over all the beach... as slow as it goes, i cannot ride that!! hahah i get so nervous and uncomfortable up there! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos! Looks like you had a gorgeous summer day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow that looks like so much fun! These photos make me want to take a trip there now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the photos! So vibrant. How refreshing to hear there are kids out there who still want used cd's and $5 pizza, thats the good stuff! haha

    emmie xx

    ReplyDelete