a mini break

pixie's plume dress

"...worn thin by the vast summers
again turns into a new
insight and the mirror of intuition;
where the flowers' color
whoolly forgets that lingering of our eyes."
-- Rainer Maria Rilke, from O Lacrimosa

My dear friends, I'm taking a little break and decided to be analog for awhile. We go back to work exactly a week from now and I still haven't done most of the things that I wanted to do for my summer vacation. The plan is to turn off my computer and internet access on my cellphone, take lots of photos with my film camera and Diana mini, drive somewhere I've never been, organize papers and clothes, read and write, but mostly just be quiet and clear my head before the new school year starts.

I'll leave you with this photo of me at a roadside fruit stand in Sonoma. It was taken on the same day as these photos, thanks to Holly and her Diana F+ camera.

またね。 (See you soon!)

3 comments:

  1. Have a great rest of your summer! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your analog break Odessa!


    Camila Faria

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh have a blast, enjoy your break, it's such a good idea.

    thank you so much yet again for your lovely present. I have posted about it on my blog :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete