music monday: summer bits

R1-01170-012A

Always, at this time of the year, I tend to collect images and stories of summer. It's the island girl in me, the one who never quiet know how to embrace the changing seasons.

This summer, especially, has been so poignant in many ways that I feel like I need a proper goodbye. So here are some photos taken from various times that I went to the beach. I'm looking at them now and asking, was the sky really this blue?

R1-01170-0017

R1-01170-014A

R1-01170-0024

This double exposure photo was completely unintentional. (At Bolinas Beach)

R1-01170-0025

I know I already shared my mixtape here, but this song by Seabear is definitely my Summer 2011 song. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this band and this video. And the lyrics is so beautiful too, it reads like poetry. Have a listen below.


I hope you guys are having a great beginning of the week. Take it easy! xo

(Video by Seabear)

6 comments:

  1. i love the double exposure shot, an excellent accident!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always nice to have plenty of photos of summer to look back on--especially now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been nice going through your last few photo-filled posts. Looks like you had a wonderful summer. Oh if only it could last for a few more months. I returned to chilly weather already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is nice to see - we're losing our last snatches of summer here and there's a crispness to the air that makes you stand up straighter.

    These photos remind me that the snow is a way off and the living can still be easy even though I'm in school again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so much blue, it's quite an intense shade. Beautiful pictures odessa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SJ, thank you. and yes, its a lovely accident.

    christine, i'm glad you agree. though we are having an unusually warm weather these days (not that i'm complaining).

    dorkys, i hear you. why can't it always be warm and sunny all year long?

    elizabeth, i know what you mean. that's why i hoard all my summer photos so i can look at them every now and then.

    hila, thanks! i'm glad you like them.

    ReplyDelete