beautiful skies, road trips, and my birthday

IMG_3146

Tadaima! I'm back. I drove down to Los Angeles exactly a week ago from today and came back late last night. It was my first time driving for 7+ hours by myself, listening to an audiobook, reflecting on my year, marveling at beautiful sunsets. How lovely Southern California is at this time of the year!

IMG_3050

Watching the sunset and later, the night sky at the Griffith Observatory.

IMG_3083

You can see all of downtown Los Angeles from here.

IMG_3138

The Getty Villa in Malibu. Such a gorgeous place filled with great art.

IMG_3135

I spent my first few years in the U.S. here in Southern California and it will always have a special spot in my heart. But more than the places, it was such a gift to spend Christmas and my birthday with family and friends, especially those that I haven't seen in awhile. The holidays is really all about being with your loved ones and I'm am so grateful that I was able to do that and more.

My creation

And yes, my birthday was also this little blog's 6th year anniversary! Thank you all for coming to visit and for being such great readers and blog friends all around. I have something prepared for you in the next few days but in the meantime, I wish you a safe and wonderful New Year's celebration.

See you all in 2012. Cheers! Kanpai!

9 comments:

  1. happy new year and birthday odessa! hope it is even more good to you than all the ones left behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ItadakimasUJanuary 01, 2012

    Happy new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pictures! Happy birthday and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! :D and have a great new year Odessa!
    **

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Odessa and a happy 2012! I also love that I found your blog last year! Beautiful pictures!


    Camila Faria

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy birthday and happy new year odessa! I'm so glad to have stumbled upon your blog, you're truly one of the nicest people I've 'met' online.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Odessa!!! Next time you are in LA, we should meet up- it would be awesome to meet a blog buddy :) BTW, yesterday my hubby and I were driving down Santa Monica BLVD in West LA and I saw a grocery store called Odessa's! I wanted to take a photo for you but we drove by too quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do miss the sun this time of year! Happy new year and belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete