december, we dream of the tropics

R1-06756-014A

Rain in Tulum, Mexico.

Last weekend, I watched the movie The Descendants. Set in beautiful Hawaii, certain scenes reminded me so much of the Philippines that I suddenly missed the tropical rain. Intensely and without warning, the physical heart-aching kind.

It is always this way, when I miss my country, I miss it in details.

The rain, the color of the sky after the rain, the sound of the sea at night when it is pitch black and you are laying on a hammock, your heart bursting with dreams.

2 comments:

  1. i'm hopefully going to see The Descendants on Thursday at the outdoor cinema, assuming the rain stays away.
    i like watching movies that bring back memories. It can be bitter sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sarah, the descendants is a great movie. perfect for the outdoors. crossing my fingers for a beautiful weather for you guys.

    ReplyDelete