today's inspiration: pina

Pina2

I recently saw the documentary Pina, a dance film in 3D dedicated to the famous choreographer Pina Bausch. To say that I was moved by it is certainly an understatement. It was as if someone took me by the hand and said, "Watch this and do something (with your life)."

What that something is, I have no idea. But this documentary is one of those works of art that inspires you to look closely at your own life. Not just accept the status quo but take risks. Or at least stop over thinking and just do. I went through a whole gamut of emotions throughout the movie and I am pretty sure anyone who watches it will take something from the experience, whether you are interested in dance or not.

Ideally, it would be best to see this film at the theater because of its 3D feature but if its not playing anywhere near you, I really hope that you guys can watch it on DVD.

Have a look at these clips below, a tribute to Joy and Love.





Photo and clips taken from Pina (2011), a film for Pina Bausch by Wim Wenders.

6 comments:

  1. mary lynneMarch 07, 2012

    love love love this picture... the way she is captured in air... so graceful... thanks... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hopefully watching it this weekend! But I know I'll love it, there's nothing like beautiful dance scenes and great photography (Wim Wenders is a master). And in 3D, oh my, it's going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. camila, i'm glad you're watching it. let me know what you think. :)

      Delete
  3. there's nothng like works such as this, thatinspire one to do or be better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow thanks for sharing. I had never hear of this, but the woman in white is unbelievable. I'm so used to dance that uses the same movements, but this feels so original!!

    ReplyDelete