from blossoms

R1-03849-008A

R1-03849-016A

R1-03849-015A

R1-03849-014A

Late March to April // Some photos from my disposable camera.

I wish I could say that these past two months were as bright and carefree as the images that I took but it was actually the opposite. I felt like I was so thick in the middle of this dark and frightening place that all I could do is to cling passionately to the things that make me happy.  Words, beauty, sunsets, films, letters, the sea.

One cold evening, I met up with a good friend for dinner. We hadn't seen each other in awhile and as soon as he saw me, he touched my face and said, with certainty, you're in love. I wanted to cry at the irony of his words, tell him just how difficult the last few weeks were. Then I realized that perhaps he is right. That I am, at least trying to, fall in love with my life again.

There are days we live
as if death were nowhere
in the background; from joy
to joy to joy, from wing to wing,
from blossom to blossom to
impossible blossom, to sweet impossible blossom.

-- Li-Young Lee

5 comments:

  1. i have been in a dark place too. there is wisdom to be found there. i hope you find some, and discover falling in love again with your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i adore this poem. i am glad for your pictures and your writing and rejoice in the beauty of that.

    xo
    sami

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello odessa, I somehow stumbled on your blog yesterday and wanted to say I think it is wonderful. Literally made my day yesterday, so many foreign films to watch, books to read and poems to mull over. What an amazing thing you have here. Wishing you many blessings. I hope there is light for you soon. I will be sending some your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ItadakimasUMay 05, 2012

    Yeah life is like that... it comes with goods but also bads... I understand how you feel !

    But it is still one of the most beautiful thing: to experience the bad, then fall back in love with your life again and strive for the better in the future <3

    let's work on life! Gambatte~ne!

    ReplyDelete