today's inspiration: women olympians

C601_07-AP1

Romanian gymnast Nadia Comăneci on the balance beam at the 1976 Montreal Olympics.
She was awarded seven perfect scores and three gold medals. (via Olympic.org)

Have you guys been watching the Olympics? I've been following swimming and gymnastics and boy, watching their form makes me want to do sit-ups and start eating healthy everyday - ha!

Read: Modcloth's feature about 7 inspiring women Olympians from past decades.

Watch: This and this, videos of Nancy Comăneci's perfect 10 scores. Gave me goosebumps!
So much grace and power and she makes it look so easy.

tumblr_m7em35rjns1rb57vyo1_1280

And just because I miss watching these two, a behind the scenes photo of American gymnasts Nastia Liukin and Shawn Johnson from the 2008 Beijing Olympics. (Photo via)

tumblr_m7vg5bbKJe1ro7siho1_1280

Nastia Liukin for Women's Health Magazine, photographed by Martin Schoeller (Photo via)

P.S. Here is my post during the 2008 Olympics. I was just as obsessed with gymnastics then.

9 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I have zero interest in the Olympics this year. I don't know why, as I usually love watching the swimming and gymnastics. But at least you're enthusiastic enough for the both of us, Odessa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hila, it started with the Opening Ceremony for me and now I've been following it every night. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm with you. I love gymnastics! I was obsessed with it as a kid. I couldn't take classes until I was a teenager, but I learned to go back flips so that was enough for me, ha! It's like flying.

    I wish the Olympic coverage would show all of the competitor, we only see the Americans and their four of five main competitors. I'd love to see what other gymnasts around the world are doing. Mainly Oskana Chusovitina. 37 and still competing for a medal, she's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missy, I don't think I can ever do back flips. I have no upper body strength whatsoever..haha.

      I know what you mean about the gymnastics coverage, there are always focusing on the US team. I haven't seen Oksana but I saw the Russian team doing their floor exercises and they're very good!

      Delete
  3. I'm not really a sports fan, but I like gymnastics. The Nancy Comăneci videos are amazing! They gave me goosebumps too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it, Camila.

      Delete
  4. i'm not able to do such things, not even 10% of it, but i really love watching sports! (and sometimes I like playing football with my cousins in a very non olympic level, hehe). the photos are gorgeous. shwn johnson was incredible in 2008, i remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you. I don't play any sports but I'm definitely an avid spectator. Soccer always brings out the fangirl in me. Haha!

      Delete
  5. Nadia was sweet, wasn't she? I have been really enjoying the gymnastics although it really stresses me out when the wobble or fall over!

    ReplyDelete