photo du jour, catching up

photo-7

This photo was taken in Duncan Mills, a quaint little town by Russian River, where we found the loveliest tea shop called Mr. Trombly's Tea and it was all I could do not to stay there all day and swoon over their pretty teapots and loose tea collection. I bought their Mango and Friends tea and its so for perfect summer! And yes, that's my excited face in front of the tea shop.

We just started a new school year this week and that means all sorts of craziness. In between getting to know my students, driving to different schools, organizing paperwork, emails and phone calls -- my brain is now fried. I could really use some pampering (or a glass of beer) right now. But hey, I said to myself that I will try my best to start this school year without complaints so I'm going to stop now. I do want to share these with all of you:

Reflecting: On these words by Thoreau and 'living deliberately'.
Wishing: My dream wardrobe, styled by Talisa Sutton of Badlands.
Reading: Anne Michael's The Fugitive Pieces. Such beautiful prose.
Listening: Destiny by Zero 7. I can't believe I forgot one of my favorite bands in my previous post. Here is a video, I think this song is just perfect.



// Photo taken by my friend Dana, via iPhone

8 comments:

  1. That place looks so quaint and cozy. I will check the book out as soon as I finish the mountain of books I have to plow through.

    Oh if you want some korean/japanese electro music recommendations I can so help :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amelia, I'd love to! Thanks. :)

      Delete
  2. i have red saltwaters as well :) happy back to school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gaby, they are awesome, aren't they? I've been wearing them everywhere.

      Delete
  3. Ah, your outfit is so cute!! That lilac purple button up is adorable!
    And wow, that Mr. Trombly's Tea place looks so cool. Is the mango and friends tea yummy? Sweet? And that Thoreau quote reminds me of 11th grade English...good times.

    ♥ x i x i a | thisisxixia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Xixia, thanks! My boy shirt was on sale from Madewell. And yes, 'Mango and Friends' tea is yummy, very citrusy and sweet. Smells good, too! :)

      Delete
  4. Mr. Trombly's Tea looks like the perfect place! I can see it by your happy face. And that Thoreau quote blew my mind, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Camila, yes. That quote definitely blew my mind.

      Delete