notebook love

notebook love

Today I woke up feeling sorry for myself that I was coming down with a cold and had to cancel some plans for the long weekend. But then I bought this Orla Kiely notebook and ended up in a coffee shop filling pages for more than an hour. It's the most writing that I've done in awhile, something about the notebook's scalloped edges and whimsical pattern must have inspired me, and I couldn't be happier.

Funny how that happens, when such a simple thing can turn your day around. One of my closest friends once told me that if she had only so much money to indulge in one thing, she'll spend it on a good cup of tea. Mine will probably be spent on beautiful paper and pens. Its always been this way, even when I was little, my mom literally had to drag me away from a bookstore because I will stand there for hours deliberating over which ruled paper to buy. And forget about journals and planners because those I tend to be very, very picky. Thank goodness for Moleskine and Japanese stationary stores, their paper products definitely made my life easier.

And speaking of paper and pen, I started exchanging letters with my goddaughter Drew (who just turned 11 - gasp!). She is so sweet, she even learned how to write thank you or 'arrigatou' in Hiragana. Her mom texted me the other day and said that Drew wants me to know she's still making an envelope for her letter. I had to laugh because that's exactly something that I'd do. Now I'm even more excited for her next letter!

// For those of you who love beautiful notebooks, here's some you might like:
O-Check Notebook - so pretty and the perfect size to take everywhere.
The Little Prince Moleskine - I adore this video and the paper cut-outs!
Cat Companion Journal - this has the sweetest illustrations, I almost bought it today.
Write Now Journal "Write More Happiness Into the World" - gorgeous typography and paper.
Rollbahn by Delfonics - one of the best quality paper and beautiful colors, made in Japan.
Apica Notebooks - also made in Japan, I have these in different sizes and colors. How it says "most advanced quality" on the cover always cracks me up!

Photo by me, via Instagram

7 comments:

  1. I am totally with you on the pens and paper addiction. I think I've got about 3 notebooks going simultaneously right now - two moleskines and one caramel coloured Leuchtturm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rooth, i'm always guilty of having multiple journals at once. its not good. but i've been buying thin/small ones so that saves me money at least. :)

      Delete
  2. The notebook is so pretty and lovely - no wonder it lifted your mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. trishie, yes. i'm even writing more because i want to use the pages. haha.

      Delete
  3. That is sooo pretty!!!

    I can relate with that behaviour about special notebooks and such!

    Nowadays, whenever I see a particular kind of patterns, I always think of you first :)

    Thnx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pattern*

      Delete
    2. kit, that's too funny! i guess i do have a particular design that i tend to gravitate towards. :)

      Delete