weekend instagram

china beach

7976b868f56111e19f481231380fd1fd_7

3edd0904f56c11e1920522000a1cdf49_7

cafe

china beach

This long weekend was just the right balance of solitary and social, sun and fog, coastal and cityscapes. Time spent inside bookstores and cafes, writing, exchanging words with strangers.

I fell in love with a children's reading poster that I saw at the bookstore, found an oldish but still-pretty skirt in my closet, saw the movie Vertigo in 70mm at the Castro Theater, and spent a lovely afternoon with Holly who is moving to Australia in two days.

Yesterday I woke up at 7, the earliest that I've been up on a holiday, to pick up my aunt who just arrived from L.A. She is starting a new job in the Seacliff area so we ended up spending some time in China Beach and watched the fog roll in. It was gorgeous and definitely reminded me that I need to minimize my night owl ways so I can have early ocean mornings like this one.

Happy September friends.

// You can see the rest of my Instagram here.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. hello amy! thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  2. <3 what marvelous fog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures, Odessa! I really like that reading poster as well - so playful and charming. :)
    And oh goodness...I wish we had fog like that in my city. I'm usually annoyed by it, but if it were at that massive and epic caliber, I think my annoyance would be pushed aside by awe.

    ♥ xixia | thisisxixia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. xixia, thanks! and yes, eventhough i hate being cold, our fog in the bay area is really moody and dreamy and i love it.

      Delete