amélie and the glass man

418137_255854497817171_1178774847_n

484623_366687276733892_221003505_n

"I think it's time she took a real risk." -- The Glass Man

Anyone else feeling ready to take on new challenges at the turn of the season? It's funny because I've always had the hardest time letting go of summer but this time around I'm actually looking forward to the shorter days ahead. Perhaps this enthusiasm has something to do with writing poetry again or just the change in perspective that I've gained over the summer. Whatever it is, I'm embracing it with open arms.

The beginning of autumn also makes me think of revisiting some favorites:

Amélie - this movie's color scheme reminds me of the rich colors of fall. And with her knee-length dresses, cozy cardigans, and lace-up boots, Amélie's style is just perfect for the season. I've seen Amélie so many times I've almost memorized every scene but I still love it now, or even more, than the first time I saw it.

Haruka Nakamura - his music is described as "made of sunset and season’s perfume" and I couldn't agree more. Have a listen to this song. It makes me think of sweet October nights, curled up in your favorite blanket, and sipping hot cocoa.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower - such a beautifully written and heartfelt book. I related so much to the main character that it was like recognizing my own voice.  This is the perfect novel to pick up when the weather starts to get cold and you just want to stay in and get lost in a good story. The movie adaptation is currently showing and I'm hesitant to watch it because this book is so precious to me. But the author, Stephen Chbosky, also wrote the screenplay so I am very hopeful about this film. Has any of you seen it? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Amélie screencaps via

9 comments:

  1. i thoroughly enjoyed amelie when it came out, would like to see it again. have heard of that book mentioned around, i like what you say about it.

    lovely autumnal picks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica, I highly recommend 'The Perks of a Wallflower'. I hope you'll get a chance to read it.

      Delete
  2. OH Haruka Nakamura has amazing music! I love listening to it when it's gloomy outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amelia, I'm so glad you love him too! I just found his music recently and I must say that its one of my current faves.

      Delete
  3. lovely autumn picks,
    both the book and music is new for me.
    listening to the music now and it is beautiful, thank you for sharing!

    sending love and wishes of a beautiful weekend,
    v

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, vibeke! and i'm so glad you dropped by.

      Delete
  4. ItadakimasUOctober 05, 2012

    Ah I loved Amelie. I recommend Un long dimanche de fiançailles. It's funny, witty, and moving... with the same lead actress :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kit, i haven't seen it, i'll check it out. i love gaspard ulliel! :)

      Delete
  5. Amelie is my favourite! A feel-good-movie of the best kind. I should watch it again.

    ReplyDelete