hello, it's me.

ocean beach

photo

(Letter transcipt)

It's been awhile. I feel like the last three weeks were solely dedicated for me to get my bearings back, take care of myself, and learn to ask for help. Sometimes I tend to believe that I can do anything, be there for everyone, and function on very little sleep -- well, my body certainly doesn't think so and being sick the last couple of weeks has forced me to relearn that lesson.

And now I'm feeling like I can start anew again. Here, in this quiet beach with the immense ocean before me, the sun is shining brightly, and my spirits are alive as this clear autumn day. In a little while I will join my family for our Thanksgiving dinner. I think about all the things that I'm grateful for and it always goes back to this -- quiet moments of solitude, to spend time with beauty and seek inspiration from it, to reflect and try to put these thoughts on paper as honestly as I could. I'm grateful for that voice inside that gently reminds me of who I am and what I need to do.  The capacity to dream, the need to write, the love of family and friends, it all comes back to me here, surrounding me like the warmth of the sun.


Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

With love,
Odessa

6 comments:

  1. lovely letter! very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that top picture...i can feel san francisco autumn. i don't know how to describe that, but it's in that photo and it's unmistakable in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I can SO relate to that first paragraph -- thinking you can do anything on very little sleep. And I got sick just two weeks ago, too! It's a lesson we all have to learn the hard way, I suppose.

    Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been a while, and I have missed you here Odessa - I hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes our souls are so strong that we forget how fragile our bodies really are. I hope you're feeling better Odessa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah that's beautiful! I simply call it Me-time, but i like your description better :)

    Thanks for the words!

    ReplyDelete