this life

IMG_3550

IMG_3555

IMG_3559

IMG_3552

IMG_3561

Some photos we took on my birthday on the 27th. It was a lovely and sunny winter day and I got to do a few of my favorite things with two of my dear friends. A great breakfast and coffee by the sea, explored the backyard greenhouse and succulents at The General Store, cookies and tea at the Yerba Buena Gardens, a quick visit to St. Patrick's Church, made a wish over cupcakes inside a busy mall, and had a great laugh watching this movie.

In a lot of ways, 2012 brought some of the most difficult moments in my life. But there were also moments of beauty and gratitude, and more importantly, lessons learned along the way. Last night as I sat down to write, I came across this poem by the Scottish poet and novelist Andrew Greig and couldn't help but tear up. It reflects exactly how I feel about my life and where I am, right now. Especially these lines:

This is where I want to live,
close to where the heart gives out,
ruined, perfected, an empty arch against the sky...


*Have a listen to Andrew Greig read the entire poem here.

8316467343_6ce931fc74_o_zpsbcb2b993-1_zps9be07c40

Thank you all for coming and reading. This little blog also celebrated it's 7th anniversary on my birthday and I just want you all to know that I really appreciate all of you. I wish you lots of happiness and great adventures in the new year 2013. Cheers! Kanpai!

Love and blessings,
Odessa

6 comments:

  1. Happy new year, dear friend! And happy birthday, too!

    2013 only holds wonderful things for you - I am sure of it! Also, I think I have the dress you're wearing in the picture with the greenhouse! Is it madewell?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Elizabeth! And yes, it is indeed a Madewell dress. <3

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Amelia. And happy new year to you, too.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for this poem Odessa, it's beautiful

    Happy New Year, and happy blog anniversary! I'm looking forward to visiting this space in 2013 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, Hila. I'm glad you liked the poem.
      And thank you as always for coming to visit my blog. :)

      Delete