hearst castle

R1-06782-019A

Watching the elegant set design of Downton Abbey reminded me to share these disposable camera photos from our visit to Hearst Castle last December. Located high on a hill overlooking the ocean, this castle is indeed majestic and lovely, especially with all it's festive Christmas decor. I really regretted not having a decent film SLR with me because it was too dark to take photos inside (flash photography is not allowed). However, I did manage to take these photos of the castle from the outside. My favorite was definitely the stunning views of the Pacific Ocean while looking out from the outdoor pool.

R1-06782-018A

R1-06782-011A

R1-06782-012A

R1-06782-014A

R1-06782-013A

R1-06782-024A

If you ever want to take a trip down California coast from San Francisco, I really recommend visiting Hearst Castle. The views alone are so worth it. And make sure to buy the tickets in advance because it does sold out quickly on weekends and holidays.

Learn more about Hearst Castle and its history here.

6 comments:

  1. OH Yes, I loved Hearst Castle and San Luis Obispo is not far.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey friend! it's been awhile. thanks for stopping by. :)
      we didn't stop by SLO but i'd love to go there next time.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete