legion of honor

IMG_3719

Everywhere, things snagged me. The visible world turned me curious to books; the books propelled me reeling back to the world. -- Annie Dillard

So true. Although right now, I have a cold so I'm resting at home trying to take it easy and drinking lots of tea. On the bright side, I just finished watching the entire Season 1 of Downton Abbey (I know, I'm terribly late for the party!). I couldn't get into it months ago and fell asleep trying to watch the first episode but now I'm totally loving this show and it's characters. Do any of you follow it? Who are your favorite characters?

Also, the photo of me above was taken in front of the Legion of Honor Museum. It has 2 of my favorite things that's making me happy lately: a red dress with a Peter Pan collar and this backpack, both I got for myself last Christmas.

6 comments:

  1. Hi, I love Downton Abbey. I can't wait for another season. I can't say particularly who is my favourite character but I always like to see Mr. Carson and Mrs. Hughes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JiJi, ah...I love those two! Mr. Carson is precious.

      Delete
  2. I do love Downton Abbey, mainly because I'm a sucker for UK historical dramas! I was late to the party on this one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hila, I'm a sucker for UK historical shows too! I blame it on Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy, he started it all. :)

      Delete
  3. OK, I am so watching Downton Abbey everyone's talking about so, that's it. I am caving in and watching it.

    I also have a Fjallraven Kaken - I got it as a present last year :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amelia, yay for backpack twins! I love it's dorky functionality. And yes, you must start watching Downton Abbey, it's addicting! :)

      Delete