song of the day: rosé



Rosé by the British band The Feeling.

I am in love with this song. It's the closest thing I found to describe a sunny winter day in San Francisco. Just today I was walking outside on my lunch break and I was almost overwhelmed by the light that greeted me. Such gentle, delicate light. As if the sun is reaching out to atone for our unusually cold days lately. And it is very cold. Or at least for someone like me, who grew up in a tropical island and spent the last 9 years in California.

So how is January treating you guys so far? Chilly weather aside, the year is off to a great start for me. I've already read 4 books and 1 novella. Don't ask me how that happened but I'm on constant reading mode lately. The only downside is I'm reading way past my bedtime, you know how that goes, 2 a.m. and you're still trying to finish the last 50 or so pages. When it comes to a good book, sleep is often an afterthought.

I've also started keeping a daily to-do list of (at least) 2 things that makes me happy. Something like: write a letter, take a nap, walk to the library. Just little things. And I must say that it really does make a difference at the end of each day.

Currently reading:
Seamus Heaney, Seeing Things
John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

4 comments:

  1. I like the idea of noting happy little things when the cold gets us down. :) And of course cuddling in bed reading to combat said chilliness. Just curious, how cold is cold in SF?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sally, it's in the low 30s, haha. And it's so good to hear from you again, thanks for leaving a note! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi, I've just discovered your blog and I am looking forward to reading all posts about literature and music bit by bit. So exciting!
    I am also glad to find someone who speaks my heart about reading past bedtime. It has been 2 years I guess since I had a reading marathon. I read 4 books of 2000 pages in two weeks, I read almost constantly. My school was closed due to influenza so I had all of a sudden an extra time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JiJi, welcome and I'm glad you wandered over here.
      I love how you said reading marathon, that's kinda how it felt like, especially when you sleep at 4 am and have to wake up for work at 7. :P

      Delete