book spaces

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

As you can see in my recent Instagram photos, I've been spending a lot of time inside bookstores. I can't help it, the more hectic my life gets, the more I seek out books and places with books. My friend Mai calls it "sweet misery", to be surrounded by all these books and not have time to read them all. I've actually started downloading e-books for convenience but I still prefer reading a real, printed book. There's nothing like holding a new/old book in your hands, smelling it's pages, writing notes along the margins, and at times, even holding it close to your heart.

Some inspiring book spaces in the photos above:

Point Reyes Books - hardwood floors, such beautiful natural light, great selection of poetry and natural science literature. Plus, look at that gorgeous installation of flying books! It's also located in Point Reyes, which is hands down, one of my favorite places on earth. And if that's not enough to convince you, right next door is a bakery and a little community garden which makes it so perfect for impromptu read-aloud picnics with your friends.

Mrs. Dalloway's -  how can you not love this bookstore by it's namesake alone? They even gave Virginia Woolf a shelf of her own! I stumbled upon this little gem last year and have been coming back since then. The staff is awesome, they give great recommendations but also know when to leave you alone. It's also close to UC Berkeley, which is makes me a bit nostalgic for the student and grad school life, in a good way.

One of the staff members from Mrs. Dalloway's recommended this YA series and I just started reading the first one. It has my name written all over it - a strong female protagonist turned undercover spy in Victorian London, how awesome is that? It reminds me of Nancy Drew with a touch of Downton Abbey. I'll probably write about it soon when I finish all 3 books.

How about you, what are you reading lately?

0 comments:

Post a Comment