Luckily, I have friends who feel the same way so we can have endless discussions about books that we love and send random text messages to each other, which makes it even more fun. You know, like when you're standing in line at the post office and all of a sudden you get a message that says, "I'm listening to this song by Sun Rai and I immediately thought of Eleanor and Park", and you smile like the dork that you are because you know exactly what she meant. Yep, we definitely get attached to fictional characters.
About a month ago, I participated in Hila's book challenge to read more books written by women. Here are some on my to-read list:
- Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt
- Maya's Notebook by Isabel Allende
- Villette by Charlotte Brontë
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
- Uses for Boys by Erica Lorraine Scheidt
- The Death of Bees by Lisa O'Donnell
- The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion
I would love to know what's in your reading list, too.
Or add me as a friend on Goodreads so we can be book buddies!