the waves

Untitled

Untitled

But when we sit together, close...we melt into each other with phrases. We are edged with mist. We make an unsubstantial territory. -- Virginia Woolf

I've been wanting to pick up The Waves again but I can't seem to get past the first few pages. I think you have to be in a certain mind frame to read Virginia Woolf and I'm just not there right now. However, I absolutely love this quote. Especially the part about making an unsubstantial territory. It sounds so wildly glorious.

How about you, what are you reading lately? And has anyone read The Waves? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this book.

Images taken at Ocean Beach via iPhone

3 comments:

  1. I have to agree that you have to have a certain mood to pick up Virginia Woolf. I actually never read The Waves though. I really want to read Diderot's The Nun though,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read The Waves, but I totally agree that you have the be in a Virginia-Woolf-mode to tackle one of her amazing books. The quote is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i still need to return to to the lighthouse. i love that quote too, yes...

    ReplyDelete