hello, june.

Untitled

My month is already off to a great start. Last Saturday night I saw my favorite Swedish musician, José González, and his band Junip. They definitely exceeded my expectations and José González is so humble and awesome, and I just really LOVE him. I was a bit sad because he didn't sing Heartbeats but that's okay, I'd have one more reason to watch him perform live again.

Have a listen below. I've always said this is going to be my wedding song.



I have a short break before summer school starts and let me tell you, after writing 40+ student progress reports, I desperately need this week off. No big plans really, just to leave my apartment early everyday, walk or go somewhere I love, and write like mad. I'm currently in the middle of writing a story and it's exciting and intimidating at the same time. A few months ago, if you'd ask me if I want to write fiction, I'd have said "no" immediately. But one sunny afternoon in April, a story came to me and I knew right away that I needed to write it. Just like that.

It's a steep learning curve because I am so used to writing poetry and non-fiction but I'm slowly getting to know my characters and watch them come to life. Sometimes I'm so immersed in their world that I feel like I'm walking around in a daze. And then there are other times when I'm sitting there with my notebook and there's absolutely nothing to write and I just want to give it up altogether. But I haven't felt this inspired and challenged in a long time, it's a good place to be. And I am grateful.

7 comments:

  1. Oh I would love it if you would share some of your writing here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amelia, that's a great idea. I just might. :)

      Delete
    2. Oh I forgot to add --- I AM SO JEALOUS THAT YOU ARE GONNA SEE JOSE GONZALEZ LIVE. I am certain it will be magical.

      (yes, caps lock was necessary)

      Delete
  2. I l.o.v.e José González too, you lucky girl! I'd love to see him live. And I hope that you can continue in this great phase, full of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Camila, yes indeed I'm a lucky girl. I never thought I'd see him live.

      Delete
  3. congratulations on your story! hope you share it sometime, maybe -- and good luck ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, sui! i definitely need all the luck i can get. ;)

      Delete