because it's monday

R1-05105-024A

R1-05105-015A

I can't write a cohesive post because everything hurts, my sunburnt back from staying out too long at the beach this weekend, my eyes from crying (no, heaving sobs) because I may have found that one book that understood the young me perfectly and it's so, so devastating and beautiful all at the same time.

Yes, I recognize that we should only read books that wound and stab us, but my God, this one rang so true, it was almost like looking at my 14-year old self and reading what's inside my heart.

Tell the Wolves I'm Home, you own me. I hope I can write a review later but to be honest, I'm not even sure if I can do it justice. All I want to do right now is curl up in a ball and think of June and Finn and Toby, all of them really. It will take a long time before I will forget these characters.

----
These two pictures were taken last summer when I was laying on the grass at the park, pointing my disposable camera at the sky and the pastel colored houses nearby, dreaming of Japan. It's amazing how much difference a year makes. Last summer I was sure I'd be in Japan by this time and now here I am, the sky is still so blue and has been for days now.

----
I had started making a summer mixtape this morning but my choice of songs didn't feel right so I'll have to redo it and share later.  Meanwhile, I have been listening to this song over and over, I think it is perfect for the mood that I'm in right now.

----
Lastly, I want to thank those of you who took time and shared your results for the Myers Briggs Test. It's interesting how almost all of you are either an INFJ or INFP, which I believe are very similar personality types and also two of the rarest. And I've said this before but if there's one thing that I'm really grateful for keeping this blog, it's because it introduced me to like-minded souls that I wouldn't have met otherwise. Thank you, truly.

5 comments:

  1. How come I always leave your blog with a sudden urge to stop everything and grab a book?

    And yes, that song is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Camila, um...that's a good thing, right? ;)
      I do hope that you will read this one.

      Delete
  2. I hadn't heard that Cat Power song, love it! I'll have to check out that book too, it's an amazing feat when a book can move so much. Sounds like me at 14 too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missy, I'm glad you loved the song. Isn't so poignant, right?

      Delete
  3. That looks like a really interesting book! I'm definitely reading that sometime this summer

    -Sarah
    www.cococarteblanche.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete