the sky is everywhere

d2cf9151-ac0b-41a2-8e40-42172923ca16
b6bd13ef-df2e-49f9-aa10-3d4e17b9708d

"The sky is everywhere, it begins at your feet."

A beautiful summer evening in Pacifica. It was one of those times when I wished I had a better camera to capture how the sky was reflected on both ocean and sand, how tops of the waves shone brightly with golden light, making everything mirrors for each other. Even the surfers looked like they were one with the water. So lovely.

And every once in awhile I get an Instagram update that really warms my heart. This time it's from the SF Ballet and their new harpist. Read the story here, I promise it will make you smile.

Quote is taken from this book by Jandy Nelson. I read it awhile ago and love it to bits.

3 comments:

  1. That quote captures the photos perfectly - beautiful (both the quote and the photos).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caitriona,
      Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you liked it. :)

      Delete
  2. lovely words! i especially love the reflection of the sky on the wet sand

    www.frenchtoastclub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete