we built a fort

65360015

Last summer, Stinson Beach.

And no, this is not our fort but it did remind me of a childhood memory. Growing up in an island, molding wet sand into castles, forts, hills.

As much as I loved being in the water, I much preferred being near it, comforted by the thought that it is always always there. That I can make sand castles, swing on a hammock, read a book, daydream of faraway places, and the sea is constantly watching over me.

Since summer school started and our work day has been shorter than usual, I've been more and more indulgent of my ocean-loving heart. The downside is, I'm rarely home and so behind on the practical side of things. But this is what I need to do right now and it feels right.

“The cure for anything is salt water - tears, sweat, or the sea.” ― Isak Dinesen

0 comments:

Post a Comment