back alley, corte madera

R1-08943-025A

Sometime last spring, my phone was broken so I drove to a Verizon store to get it fixed only to find out that they had closed early (it was Sunday). Frustrated, I walked back to my car and saw this alley completely illuminated by the setting sun. It was almost like an outdoor stage with the string of light bulbs above and mountains in the distance.

So I went to a nearby pharmacy and bought a disposable camera. The guy behind the counter was taking his sweet time and telling me how people rarely use film camera these days and I just wanted him to hurry up so I can still catch the light. I don't know why it was suddenly important for me to take a photo. Then I ran back to the alley just in time before the sky turned to dark.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Odessa. I'm glad there was a pharmacy nearby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Thank God for pharmacies and disposable cameras. :)

      Delete
  2. I can totally understand that urge to take a photo at all costs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amelia, we are too spoiled with our cellphones, I can't even imagine how managed without one since I'm constantly taking photos with it.

      Delete