first days

Untitled

3d97bba4-caa4-4d31-86e7-d79ec00fe64a

“Let us dream of evanescence, and linger in the beautiful foolishness of things.”

― Kakuzō Okakura, The Book of Tea

On the first day of 2014, I wrote a postcard to myself from Half Moon Bay. I simply wrote how I felt in that moment, how luminous the light was, how the ocean was so majestic, it seemed as though it contained everything that is good and true in this world. I wanted to remember that day and remind myself to be present, and to always hold dear those that are important to me.

I didn't make any resolutions but my main wish for this new year is: to take better care of myself. I tend to do so many things all at once, and try to be there for everyone, I often forget that my body needs to rest, too. (Most especially, sleep!)

So yes, here's to a year of being kinder to ourselves, in all ways that matter.

3 comments:

  1. I agree Odessa, and I love visiting your blog - it's like a warm place to fall when the world doesn't feel so kind or welcoming. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Hila. That is such a wonderful thing to say about my blog. Thank you. xx

      Delete
  2. I love reading your posts. To me, your posts are full of life and at times I feel as if they will burst out from my computer screen and envelop me. So glad I found this small pocket of energy and emotions in this big world wide web :)

    ReplyDelete