good days

Untitled

Uitwaaien is a Dutch word which means to take a brief break in the countryside to clear one's head. It literally translates as “to take a walk in the wind.” (Pronounced as out-vye-in)

I don't know about you guys but uitwaaien sounds really good right now. I had a terrible last few days, one that started with me crying at a train station in the rain, to spending Thursday evening inside a friend's car while we drove around a couple of blocks because it was too cold and I couldn't remember where I had parked my car.

I kept reminding myself to just let go, there will always be people who will treat others badly, and I can't do anything about that. To focus on gratitude and what brings me joy instead.

Spending time by the ocean, climbing up and down sand dunes, whilst watching the last of the sun disappear on the horizon. Hanging out next to a little greenhouse, thinking about my mom, and how much I miss her rooftop garden filled with all kinds of tropical plants. Taking inspiration from Jane Eyre, and these lines.

One of my best friends sending a hilarious photo of someone we both love, with a subject line that says: "To get through a sucky day, you just need to grasp at anything that can make you smile."

And some days, it works. 

4 comments:

  1. sweet you
    uitwaaien is the best thing to do when feeling blue
    especially on a beach, near the sea.....
    but where i live there is no sea, only plowed fields
    where the wind always blows ;^))

    like you i love reading, books are my saftylines
    hang in there
    you are not alone

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all had days like this... I'm glad you have friends, nature walks and Jane Eyre to brighten your days. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Odessa, hope you are feeling better now! We took a walk in the wind today with our dogs! It felt good to be outside since this winter just refuses to leave. The few springlike days are a great opportunity to get out and breathe some fresh air.

    ReplyDelete