hello again.

west seattle

It has been exactly one year since my last post. I keep trying to decide what to do with this little space and in the end I realized that I do still want to keep it for now. And so I begin again.

Late autumn, I moved to Seattle. Life here is beautiful in so many unexpected ways. There is rain, of course, and sometimes it is so intense I forget how it was to live without it.

Then there are those days when I walk outside and I am stunned by the beauty surrounding me. The sun coming up brightly after days of heavy rain. Flowering trees that look like they belong in some fairytale. Walking through a moss-covered forest. Snowcapped mountains in the distance. How the sky and the water constantly changes with the light.

I am trying to capture all these in whatever way I can. A photograph, a poem, a couple of phrases in my grid-lined notebook. But most of the time, I just end of staring at the vast sky.

I guess that is one of the lessons I am learning now. To be okay with not doing anything. To let go of that need to document everything. To just be.

Here.

west seattle

West Seattle after sunset, 3/17/16
Photos taken by me

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Miss u!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It feels good to be back.

      Delete
  2. Stunning landscapes...and good to see you here again!

    ReplyDelete