postcard from an old book

DSC_0758

I wrote a postcard for myself a few days ago and received it in the mail today.

----

April 14, 2016

Sunny spring day in Seattle, walking downtown to the waterfront.

Golden hour at Pike Place Market. Colorful bunches of tulips, $10 per dozen. My favorites are the ones in shades of coral and the lightest pink.

A used bookstore, found an old copy of Persuasion with a blank postcard inside. In front, it says "This Day Will Never Happen Again." Of course, I had to buy it, nevermind that I already have 2 copies of this book at home.

Bus ride during rush hour, the sun shining so brightly, headphones on my ears, listening to a song in a language I don't understand. Well, I can pick out some words and their meaning - like "sarang", means love.

Two poems by Anna Ahkmatova, about reading Hamlet and another one about Pushkin.

It is indeed a special day. (Worth the last "Forever" stamp I carry inside my wallet.)

2 comments:

  1. I would be tempted to buy a duplicate book too if I found one with such a good sign inside it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed reading your beautiful words. I hope things are going well on your corner of the world.

    ReplyDelete